Maple Pecan Pastry Braid
Need a simple dish to pass?
This Maple Pecan Puff Pastry braid is perfect. A perfect balance of salty and sweet with our Chopped Pecan Pieces and fresh maple syrup!
You don't have to be a dessert master to make this. It's a perfect, simple dessert that is guaranteed to get everyone talking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine pecans, maple syrup, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Mix well, until butter is no longer lumpy.
- Open puff pastry and roll slightly with a rolling pin. Roll pastry until it is evenly thin and there are no creases.
- Transfer pecan mixture to the center puff pastry. Make sure to leave space at the top and bottom.
- Cut diagonal strips in the outer, remaining puff pastry. Leaving a small space around the pecan mixture to make sure the mixture is secure.
- Overlap the pastry strips in the center to create a braid pattern and secure the pecan mixture. Pinch the top, bottom, and any large gaps in the pastry.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Place pastry on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make the icing by mixing the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Wisk until there are no lumps.
- Allow pastry to cool before adding icing.
This was a crowd-pleaser in the York Pecan test kitchen. It's going to be a hit in yours too!