Pecan Sandies are a classic! Tried and true, if you will.
We love a good sandie around here, and have found this to be our favorite way to make them. You can’t go wrong with any recipe, so make changes to your liking.
The key to a good sandie is good pecan halves. Use either our Large Halves or the Wild Native Halves if you like a smaller pecan.
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 cup Pecan Halves
1 cup Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand-up mixer, add the butter, powdered sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy on medium speed, roughly 2-3 minutes. Add the vanilla and salt and beat until combined.
- Add the flour on low speed until a dough forms and incorporate Pecan Halves until combined.
- Form 1 1/2-inch dough balls and place them on parchment-lined baking sheets, roughly 2 inches apart. Press down on each ball with the bottom of a drinking glass or mason jar to about 1/2-inch thickness. Press one pecan half into the top of each cookie.
- Bake until the bottom edges start to lightly brown, roughly 17 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool before serving.