Enjoy these delicious, gooey cookies for the perfect Chocolate Pecan Turtle knock-off. They are the perfect way to get your turtle fix when they are not available for the season!
This recipe is great with Chopped Pecan Pieces, but would also be perfect with Medium Pecan Pieces.
1 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
¼ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Baking Soda
1 stick Unsalted Butter, softened ½ cup
½ cup Light Brown Sugar
½ cup Granulated Sugar
1 large Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, regular or mini size
½ cup Caramel Squares
½ cup Chopped Small Pecan Pieces
- Cut caramel squares into pieces. They are best cut in half or in fourths based on your preference.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking sheet.
- Mix together Chopped Small Pecan Pieces, caramel pieces, and chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix together salt, flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, brown sugar, and flour and stir for 1 minute. Add in vanilla, egg and mix for and additional 30 seconds - 1 minute
- Add in flour mixture, add-ins, and until combined.
- Form dough balls.
- Place the cookies 3 inches apart on a silicone baking sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes.
- Cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack or consuming!
Save image below to your computer and print for an easy recipe card!